Given that Ratatouille is one of my favourite dishes of all time, I have tried many different recipes. The following is by far the best and you should try it ASAP!
For 2-3 people, you’ll need:
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 green bell pepper
- 6-7 champignon mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- salt & pepper
Step by step:
- Dice the: eggplant, zucchini, carrot, pepper, mushrooms and onion in small cubes (brunoise). Slice the cherry tomatoes in 4 equal parts.
- Place all of the vegetables in a ceramic baking dish; add the olive oil, the tomato sauce, salt & pepper and mix.
- Bake for ±1hr (180°C) until the vegetables are soft and reduced.
- Serve with Feta cheese (or without for a vegan meal) and bread.
- Check your food occasionally and if it’s too dry add a bit of water (just a bit).
- You can also add peeled potatoes, diced in small cubes.
- If you want to add extra calories to this dish, you can add parmesan flakes and/or Feta cheese cubes and bake it for 5 more minutes.
Recipe by Fotaggelos Pantazis