As a girl, I’ve always struggled when it came to packing for a short trip. I want to bring every piece of clothing I might be willing to wear and let’s not forget the shoes… 5-6 pairs minimum. And I used to…before Alex. Now I’m forced to bring just a carry-on for anything less than 5 days.
I say it as I’m complaining, but I’m actually not! My life is so much easier and my travels are effortless.
- No baggage drop
- No baggage fees on low-cost airlines
- No waiting at the airport until my bag arrives
As scary as it might sounds, you should try it too!
If you have a strict schedule on what you are going to do in terms of events and activities, it’s much easier to pack. But if you are like me and you just go with the flow, with just 2 or 3 must-dos on your list, then you should have ready-to-go outfits for any occasion.
Here is how:
- Before you start packing the first thing you need to do is check the local weather for the area to which you are travelling.
- Continue by creating 3 full outfits beforehand and add a couple of “passepartout” t-shirts.
- Try to pick clothes with solid colors so you can maximize your outfit combos.
- For less than 5 days you don’t need more than one jacket (trust me on that one), so pick your black or beige one and wear it on the plane.
- Now shoes… You definitely need a pair of sneakers to keep you comfortable for the long walks. And may I recommend a pair of ballet flats because they take practically no space. Because girls love heels, but I wouldn’t stuff them in a carry-on, wear them on the plane! Not only will you be stylish, but you’ll be ready for a night out. Win!
- As for the beauty essentials, prepare a small make-up bag with the products you use on a daily basis. Don’t take everything, it’s pointless. Day cream, face powder, concealer, mascara, blush, a lip-gloss and makeup remover wipes are my personal standard items.
I hope I helped you a bit! Enjoy packing.
(photos “made” by me via Polyvore)