It is probably the most common delicacy in South Asia and a favorite in many multinational large cities around the world. There are countless different recipes and variations, but the one which is closer to my personal taste (simple and easy) is the following.
- 500gr Chicken filet in stripes
- 1-2 tbsp curry
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil
- In a frying pan, put a bit of olive oil and sauté the chicken until golden brown on both sides. (medium heat)
- Add the curry (1-2 tablespoons according to your taste), mix and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Proceed by adding the Greek yogurt while continuously stirring and then slowly add the heavy cream.
- Season with salt and pepper and a bit more curry if needed (try the sauce).
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until the sauce is thick and creamy.
Preferably serve over aromatic steamed basmati rice! Enjoy!
Recipe by Fotaggelos Pantazis