In my kitchen, the Israeli couscous (also known as couscous pearls) wins over the regular couscous, due to its bigger sized grains. It’s also somehow easier for me to make. I just cook it for 5-7minutes, run it under cold water and it’s ready. But any couscous will do for the following salad.
- Couscous (cooked-ready to use)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Step by step:
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in 2 or 4 pieces (depending on their size). Then, thoroughly wash the cucumber and dice it in small cubes with its skin.
- Chop the onion and the parsley.
- Place the couscous (room temperature) in a large bowl and mix all the above ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper, add some olive oil and lemon juice, give it a nice mix once again and serve!
To me, it’s the second best salad (Greek salad is the first) that can be served with any kind of main course. I hope you’ll like it as much as I do.